Last Updated: [November 15, 2022]
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information Provided To Us.
Registration and Profile Information.
· Administrators. When Administrators sign up for an account, we ask for information such as: email address, password, and school name. We may also ask Administrators to upload their student roster, and/or students’ email addresses, in order to facilitate the User registration process.
· Users. When Users sign up for an account, we ask for information such as:
- Username and password
- Email address
- Parent’s email address
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Demographic information (including race/ethnicity and gender, zip code, parental marital status, parental education attainment, and family income level)
- Academic information (including student status, grade level, academic interests, expected year of high school graduation, current school CEEB, years at current school, most recent prior year cumulative GPA, co-curricular interests and involvement, participation in any external organizations or systems of support)
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about them. For example, when you contact us through our Services, we receive your name, email address, the contents of their message, and any other information you may choose to provide, such as your phone number. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address.
B. Information Collected Through the Use of Our Services.
· Device Information. We receive information about you and your device, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, and referring URLs..
· Usage Information. When you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the dates and times of visits, and pages or content viewed.
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Services function properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages, or to prevent fraud. We use IP address to derive approximate location.
We encourage you to review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn more about modifying your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information we collect to:
· Operate, maintain, enhance, and provide features of the Services, to provide information you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to website visitors, Administrators, and Users;
· Understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our website visitors, Administrators, and Users; to improve the Services, and to develop new features and functionality;
· Provide adaptive learning and customized learning experiences to Users;
· Communicate with Administrators and Users, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service and to provide Administrators and Users with updates and other information relating to our Services;
· For our business purposes, such as audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; and
· We may use information about Administrators and other visitors, as well as de-identified information about Users, to provide and improve our Services, and demonstrate the effectiveness of our Services, including in our marketing.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Service Providers. We may share information we receive with service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. These service providers may collect or have access to information connection with the provision of our Services in accordance with applicable agreements.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) ensure legal and regulatory compliance; (b) respond to or participate in judicial process; (c) protect your safety or that of others, or the security of our Services; or (d) comply with law enforcement or regulatory requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings)..
Additional Sharing Practices of Administrator and User Information:
User Content: We share User information with the User’s affiliated Administrator, including grades, progress reports, and test scores.
Aggregated De-identified Data. Where legally permissible, we may share information about Administrators and Users in aggregated de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify Users in order to develop and improve our Services.
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If Administrators or Users choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that they are transferring their personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer Administrator and User data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storing and processing data, fulfilling requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, Administrators and Users consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
UPDATE OR DELETE PROFILE OR OTHER INFORMATION
GATE College System
3500 West Olive Avenue 3rd Floor
Burbank, CA 91505